How Your Small Business Can Make a More Effective Use of Social Media

by | Business

Content marketing is the most widely known method of digital marketing. It is an effective way to educate and delight customers. This is done by keeping content relevant and interesting. Some engaging content includes social media posts, blog posts, webinars, white papers and videos. Let’s discuss how your small business can make more effective use of social media.

Create Engaging Content

Social media isn’t a broadcasting tool. To stand out, what you post should be all about addressing the needs and wants of your audience. Social media allows businesses to engage with customers, and engaging content helps increase brand awareness. When content is interesting and relevant, it establishes a brand as an industry authority. For example, writing a quality LinkedIn headline can help make your small business a standout.

Have a Regular Posting Schedule

Keeping a regular posting schedule fosters trust and builds brand recognition among customers and leads. Consequently, a social media calendar is an essential tool. It will help you post the proper content on the right social media outlets at the time it will be most beneficial. A content calendar must include a plan for a content mixture. The 80/20 rule is a good starting point. What this means is that 80% of the content is informative, entertaining or educational. The other 20% is for brand promotion or selling products or services.

Track and Refine

One of the reasons social media marketing is so popular is because it is such an easy tool to work with. It’s simply about learning to read the platform data. Most platforms such as YouTube and Twitter have duplicated Facebook’s “Like” and “Share” features. Both give you an immediate sense of how posts are doing. They also allow you to exponentially widen your reach due to the posts that viewers share with their friends, family and circle of followers.

Content that is genuinely engaging is so interesting and appealing it grabs attention and makes the viewer or reader want to know more. Being engaging means stopping someone in their tracks and pulling them in by being entertaining and informative. Social media has become a staple of digital culture. As it continues to evolve, it is difficult to imagine life without updates, shares and likes. Social media provides a huge database of the target market that is already willing to become involved with the product or service. Bear these factors in mind to make the best use of this technique.

Social media is an important tool that you can use if you have a good branding strategy. For help creating your branding strategy, book a call with us!


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Find digital marketing confusing?

Get our Weekly Website Wins delivered free to your inbox.

Weekly Website Wins Subscribe

Your Move.

We’d love to learn more about your goals! We’ll do everything we can to help you take the next right step.

Leave a Review!